Sunday 11 March 2018

Another Jelly Roll Race quilt

I was rooting through my 2 1/2" strip drawer that contains leftovers of fabric from many years of sewing and got into the mood to sort the colours.  There were a lot of the 1980's greens/teals in there and some purple and mauves that went together nicely.  I supplemented them from the comfort quilt stash at the Hearts and Hands Quilt Guild that I belong to and put together a Jelly Roll Race quilt from it.  This quilt has 48 strips in it and makes a nice lap quilt.  I trimmed 2 1/2" off the sides to make the finished size 55" x 62 1/2".  We even had the perfect floral fabric in the backing stash.  I quilted it with an overall swirly flower pattern and it's already being used by a chemo patient at our local hospital.  She loved the purple and greens. (Click on the photos to enlarge)
 
Perfect 1980's floral fabric for the backing :-).

Close up of the quilting

label

The finished quilt

No comments: