Friday 31 January 2014

Denise's Baby quilt

We had a baby shower for Denise's new baby, Landon and she had chosen grey and yellow for her quilt.  I had so much fun with the tossed circles quilt that I decided to do another one.  This one was also a lot of fun.  I used 10 or 12 FQ's for the circles and borders rather than the 5 that the pattern called for.  This produces enough circles to make two quilts.  I've already cut out the background for the second quilt and fused the circles.  Anytime I'm in the mood to satin stitch, I can go ahead and indulge :-). 

The back was fun, but made me dizzy!

Border quilting
loop quilting in the background
The finished quilt

3 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Baby quilts are so fun to make! You can try a new pattern or colour combo and not commit to queen sized! Baby Landon will love this quilt. Great job, Jacqui!

Stacey said...

I loved this quilt Jacqui!

arlene said...

Nice quilt jacqui, we just picked up grey and yellow fabrics for a baby quilt . No pattern yet, but a modern design it will be. Have been looking around for inspiration, and thank you for yours! In due time I hope to post mine as well.Arlene