Tuesday 28 August 2012

Cute little sewing table...

A friend of mine wanted to get rid of this cute little sewing table so I decided to give it a loving home for now and see if it can be useful with my herd of antique and vintage sewing machines.  Isn't it the cutest little table?

 I tried a Pfaff machine that I have here, but the free arm is too wide.  This Bernina 707 mini matic fits very nicely, except I have to find something thin to raise it just slightly.  It has a nice large surface to piece quilt blocks on and a handy lower edge for your pin cushion, thread catcher, scissors, etc.  I think I'll like this table...now to get the machine fixed so it'll sew.  It has a few issues, but my trusty resident sewing machine repair guy could get it working again, I'm sure :-).  It also folds flat so it will store conveniently in a corner.

2 comments:

Piece by Piece said...

That is great little table, does not look very sturdy though with the chrome legs. The shape of it certainly goes back a few years.
Your resident fixer-upper will surely be able to get the machine going.
Pat

pwl said...

Wow - great little table! Where on earth does one find these things?