Monday 7 March 2011

More hexagons

Just realized that I haven't posted anything on my blog for awhile!

I've been playing around with some more hexagons this evening and thought I'd try cutting some from this bug print...the repeat is only about 9" so can't get too many blocks out of it. But, there should be enough to make a baby quilt, perhaps with a few cubes added into the mix. I bought some colours to go with this print last week. Here is the original fabric:

The cubes that I have put together so far...the center seam is not yet sewn together as that is done when assembling the half hexagons in rows to avoid inset seams :-)

Some close ups of some of the blocks:




I could get addicted to these fun blocks :-). I have some hot air balloon fabric to try too someday.



3 comments:

Ellen said...

Really fun fabric - your hexies look great!

Lynda said...

So much fun! I like the One Block Wonders, but haven't ventured into doing another one. I'm still in UFO H*ll trying to finish some things up....Thanks for sharing your new project!

Piece by Piece said...

The fabric is really cute and it is making some fun hexies.
Thanks for visiting my blog, the Secret Garden is now framed and it looks even better. I have some KF butterflies started, thanks for saving your scraps.
Pat