Sunday 20 July 2008

G 8 Justin's Comet & trying out Inklingo

Justin's Comet was started while at a Dear Jane get together in Oakville, Ontario. I handpieced this block and finished it on vacation. This is the block that Nancy challenged us to do by using a stripe. I only had a boring stripe, so when I found this striped FQ with fancy paisley's I wondered if it would work. I couldn't quite get 8 exact repeats, but did get two sets of four identical pieces. It took me longer to cut these diamonds than to sew the block together :-). I am pleased with the way it turned out.

Pressing the back trying to follow Linda Franz's instructions :-):

We actually got to meet Linda Franz at the gathering and had a great time getting to know her! She gave each of us two sample pieces of Inklingo printed on two different colours of batik fabrics. While on vacation, I made this grandmother's flower garden using all the purple hexagons and one of the light blue ones. What fun and how easy is this! Of course it was all printed out on the fabric for me by Linda LOL...now to try out actually printing on fabric. I received a wonderful autographed copy of Inklingo for my birthday from my friends, Lynn and Amy and need to take some time to try the printing. Sure saves a lot of seam marking for hand piecing!!


Linda also showed us how to press the seams at the back. Works slick!

Thanks Linda! It was also great meeting Monkey in person!!

3 comments:

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

That blue fussy cut block is beyond stunning, nice work! I like to stitch with my little hand crank Singer occassionally, what a fun machine! Thanks for sharing, KalamaQuilts

Susan In Texas said...

Awesome blocks. I just love it when the backs are as pretty as the front! lol You do great work.

Susan in Texas
http://www.susanintexas.blogspot.com

Elly D said...

Oh MY! Your fussy cut DJ block is just so beautiful. Fabulous work Jacqui!! Thank you for sharing, Hugs Elly