Tuesday 24 April 2007

CanSew Maple Leaf Exchange Blocks Quilt

This is the quilt I made using the maple leaf blocks that we exchanged with our Canadian Sewing Machine Collector's group in 2002. I grouped the blocks this way so I could get the proper size to use the teddy bear maple leaf fabric that I bought for backing. I handquilted it while on a trip to visit my daughter in the Philippines. Whenever I see this quilt, it reminds me of the heat we experienced there! Certainly would not have a use for this quilt there :-).


Three of us went shopping in a fabric shop after we exchanged the blocks and found this adorable fabric which I used for backing.


Close up of the center blocks of the quilt.

Close up of one of the groupings of four blocks. We signed these blocks with our name, where we are from and which antique/vintage machine we used to sew the blocks. Members were encouraged to use a Canadian made machine if they had one.

The label for the back of the quilt.

No comments: