Saturday 20 January 2007

Scrappy blue and white quilt

With the talk on my sewing machine collector's internet list about Bonnie Hunter's wonderful quilt site, www.quiltville.com, I thought I'd post a picture of my work in progress. I discovered Bonnie's site almost a year ago and immediately fell in love with the scrap quilts on her site, especially the ones under the leader/ender pages. Since I do almost all my quilting on my treadles and antique and vintage machines, scrap quilts fit right in! I fell in love with the blue and cream quilt Bonnie made using the leader/ender system and started organizing my scraps in Feb. 2006. Before I knew it I had a little stack of blocks which grew and grew. Last week I decided to see how far I was and put them on my design wall (hence the messies in the background of the picture :-). I just love the quilt! I have four squares left and will make another 28 so that I can add one more row around the quilt to have the dark 'diamond' shape finish to the edges. I will likely add a 3" navy border and bind it in the same colour. I'm already thinking on what I will do next with my leaders/enders :-).

No comments: