Monday 13 February 2017

Selvage caddies

A few weeks ago, a friend was celebrating her birthday.  I came across these cute selvage caddies in a book (I lent the book out, so can't remember the name :-).  I dug into my special stash of Kaffe Fasset selvages and could not decide which colour I would use so I ended up making three.  I gave the blue one to my friend, and made the orange one for myself.  I decided to give the green one to my other friend whose birthday is in September.  But, I gave it to her already because by December I'll probably forget where I put it LOL.  I did sew a few dividing rows in one side of mine and stitched a row of stitching half way the middle section to stop my pair of little scissors from dropping all the way to the bottom.  The pouch on the other side holds my red clips.  It's the perfect little caddy to drape over the arm of a chair while hand stitching the binding down.

If you click on the photo to enlarge it you can see the stitched lines to hold the scissors and thread

Drapes perfectly over the arm of an IKEA chair.

Green and orange caddies.


I forgot to take a picture of the blue one so asked my friend to send me one :-)


They were a lot of fun to make.  Next time I will pay attention to make sure there are words or colour circles on the top of the pin cushion :-)


2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

A friend made me one (not selvedges) a few years ago. Really handy. Yours are really cute!

The Cozy Quilter said...

I have a few selvage kicking around here...can I borrow your pattern to make myself one of these! ?