Saturday 30 May 2015

Wedding quilt for Justine and Michael

We were invited to a wedding for two young friends last week. I had this quilt top in my UFO drawer and decided to quilt it up for Michael and Justine's wedding.  This is a spinning four patch pattern where you cut four identical repeats of fabric, layer them exactly, cut into strips and then cut into squares. Each set of squares can be arranged in four different ways.  I sashed them in yellow, blue and green kona cotton strips without any extra borders.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any of the original fabric left to put in the backing.  It was quilted with a spiral/flower on my domestic, vintage Bernina 830.

Finished quilt

one of my favourite blocks

the spiral flower quilting

finished quilt

backing leftover from another quilt

1 comment:

Maureeneh said...

What a lovely gift!