Saturday 19 May 2012

Batik daisy mania....

We went to a Quilt show in Shedden ON and were inspired by a table runner made by Pat P on the welcome table.  We bought some batik from one of our favourite vendors and Alice and I got together to make a table runner.  Chris came over and dropped everything and made one too.  We were having a surprise house warming party for another friend, Cathy, so we got together on Thursday to make one for Cathy as a gift.  Alice also made a second one for a friend's birthday.  Here are the table toppers that we made.

 This is the table topper that I made for myself; it is being quilted on my vintage Bernina 830.




 I used a variegated King Tut thread by Superior and it made these cool striped edges along my daisy petals :-).  I quilted a spiral in it, but I wasn't really happy with it as it bunched up just a little bit and looked a little "thin".


Quilting in the border:



Alice took my finished table topper home and hand embroidered the center and added a bead.  Perfect!!  Thanks Alice :-).


 I bought an antique table a few weeks ago and it looks great on it behind the love seat in the livingroom:


Front of the table....it has a drop leaf and also pulls out to accomodate three leaves:




Here is Chris' version of the table topper:


This is the topper we made for our friend Cathy's housewarming party (Alice added embroidery on it later as well):


Here is the one for Alice's friend:


2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

ALL of the table toppers look great!

Quilter Kathy said...

Each one of these quilts is wonderful! So fun to see the same design made up in different fabrics!