Wednesday 10 November 2010

Plowing Match block finished

At the Elgin County Plowing Match, I bought a kit for the 2011 Plowing match quilt block competition. Last night three of us got together and made our blocks because they have to be there next week! Here is my block:

Gail posted pictures on her blog too of her block as well as our blocks in progress. I really like the colours in the kit this year. My block isn't absolutely square....I picked one with 8 set in triangles!! But, I wasn't going to take it out...I like the Dear Jane motto: "Finished is better than perfect!"

2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Looks great, Jacqui! You are right--the fabrics are beautiful!

Sandra said...

Beautiful job on this block. Also appreciated the quote you shared. Finished truely is better perfection.