Saturday 26 December 2009

Becky's Table runner

This Christmas runner was made for my son's girlfriend, Becky. It was inspired by a pattern in a Fons & Porter magazine that used large scale prints and panels with scrappy strips. I already made a table runner last summer with this pattern and have been keeping my eyes open for other fabrics that I could use for more of these fun runners. The antique postcard fabric and the one with the large Christmas words have been in my stash for a few years. Here is the finished table runner:

Quilting in the center panel:

I did a small stipple quilting between the words in the end borders:

Stars were quilted in the piano key borders connected with loops and a striped binding cut on the bias finished the quilt off. I found the Moose print batik fabric in the clearance bin in a quilt shop in Huntsville, ON on a summer vacation a few years ago.



No comments: