Friday 21 November 2008

Chatelaine for Quilt Guild

I got together with Gail on Wednesday night to finally get started on our guild chatelaine. I bought the kit more than two years ago when I became a member! About time to start on it. As you can see from the photo, it's no wonder that I didn't tackle it earlier LOL...this block is the emblem of our guild and I'm handpiecing it. Some of the pieces are so small I don't think I'd be able to get them under my sewing machine needle! Easier by hand, I think. Good thing I had all that practise with the Psalms blocks and Dear Jane blocks. There are 37 pieces and the block ends up being 4 1/4"!! I have the bottom corners together. Hopefully I can show you a photo of the finished block soon.

If you wear your chatelaine to the meetings you get an extra ticket for the draw :-). That should give some incentive to finish it soon!

1 comment:

Quilt Rat said...

Okay......now that we know you have started this chatelaine....we will be watching to see if you are proudly wearing it at the December meeting.
Just a little "extra" incentive for ya ;-)