Saturday 23 February 2008

Joshua P's Quilt

I'm on an "I spy" quilt roll :-). This quilt is for Micah's older brother Joshua. This quilt is a little bigger than Micah's and to make it a little different, I did a piano key border around it using 1 1/2" strips that were leftover from cutting my I spy fabrics down. My Dutch frugal heritage just wouldn't let me throw those precious scraps away LOL. It does make a striking border, but I did wonder if they would ever be long enough for the four borders!

Here you can see the quilting in the center which is an all over loop pattern. The quilt is pieced on my trusty 15-88 Singer treadle, but was quilted on the vintage Bernina 807. My treadle just doesn't appreciate polyester thread! I used the same wonderful variegated thread as on Micah's quilt.

Some of the fabrics in the piano key border:

I just love this computer fabric. I bought a FQ of it once in Michigan I believe in a little shop located in someone's house! Another one of those fabrics that I should have stocked up on...computer fabric is not very common.

Another memory fabric for me...it has the words of "What a Friend we have in Jesus" printed on it. I bought that in 1998 when we went to Florida and stopped by Mary Jo's Fabrics in North Carolina.

1 comment:

Momma bear said...

I love the "what a friend we have in Jesus" fabric do you know who it is made by? That's my Dad's favorite hymn I'll have to try and find some!!! I love Tow Mater too!! He's cute!!